NHS GP Practice Benefits of eConsult
The benefits of online consultations
- eConsult is fully interoperable across all clinical systems is now available with NHS login. eConsult is now live in NHS app, patients can use the NHS app to submit an eConsultation. For more information please get in touch.
- By knowing a patient’s symptoms upfront, the GP practice can manage patients by clinical need. The practice will then be able to care for that patient based on the appropriate resources available increasing practice efficiency.
- There are standardised questions that include the standard scoring systems such as PHQ9 for depression and GAD7 for anxiety so you understand you patients’ needs.
- Our red flag system helps to capture critical illness and signpost patients to the most appropriate care
- eConsult can help save time for your NHS GP practice staff – the average eConsult takes 2-3 minutes to read thanks to a succinct clinical risk report, meaning you could help three patients in an average 10-minute GP slot
- Help reduce your inappropriate GP appointments – We have found that on average 70% of eConsults don’t need a face to face appointment
- Improve your work-life balance and staff retention – eConsult empowers GPs, HCPs and practice staff to use their working day more efficiently
Admin Benefits of eConsult
- Administrative eConsults are marked on arrival and can be directed straight to the admin team with relevant clinical input as required
- eConsult is very simple to set-up. There is no installing any software, you just need to add a prominent banner to your practice website and tell your patients about the service
- We have more experience than any other online consultation provider. You will have continued support from our dedicated operations team to make sure you get the most from eConsult.
- High patient satisfaction rates from anonymous patient surveys
Patient Benefits of eConsult
- Patients may not need a trip to the surgery and their query may be resolved with a phone call
- There is no need to change surgery to get digital first access. Patients complete an online GP consultation with their own practice when they need to
- Medical advice is available 24/7 even when the practice is closed – Patients can check their health symptoms online and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS Choices content
- Patients will get a response from their own NHS GP practice by the end of the next working day or sooner
- Access wherever and whenever patients want from any device. Unlike a telephone call patients can complete an eConsult at a pace that suits them, without taking up practice time
- Patients can request sick notes and test results without the need for an appointment saving patient and practice time