eConsult has supported over 10 different eHubs since the first federated working model in 2017. Our change management and online consultation experience set us apart from any other provider in the NHS.
There’s a demand, workload and capacity crisis in primary care that can only be tackled with an at-scale digital triage service. Now is the time to establish a robust centralised working model, taking advantage of centrally funded Network Contract Directed Enhanced Service (DES) incentives that are available before the end of July 2022.
Implementing an eHub and converting more patient requests to online consultations supports PCNs to achieve multiple incentive-linked targets within the DES:
- Enhanced Access Payment
- Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme
- Impact and Investment Fund
- PCN Leadership and Management Payment
Take advantage of DES funding for PCNS
Crucial to maximising the DES funding is how you workflow demand and in particular online consultations, and how you allocate them across your workload. Moving to a model where you process incoming patient demand in one place and distribute them to the most appropriately skilled roles is the easiest way to create efficiency across your PCN.See how to unlock your PCN funding
Want to find our more about eHubs?
Watch our webinar on demand
Join the creator of the original eHub to learn about setting up online consultation eHubs for PCNs in the NHS.Watch it now
Set up your eHub with expertise
Maximise your multidisciplinary team by working in the same place, in real-time or asynchronously.
We’ll work side by side with you over several weeks to create a delivery model that meets your needs and work successfully. Download the full eHub summary.Download our eHub summary
- Designing your eHub service to fit your requirements and to maximise workflow and operational efficiency.
- Training on how to utilise the full structured history from patient submissions to safely manage your population’s needs with your available resources.
- Project management, training and implementation support as part of our dedicated eHub adoption programme
- Proactive and reactive support – online and in person.
eConsult’s eHub’s bespoke technical and clinical training programme increased the clinician remote closure rate from 63% to 87% (BJGP)
Get set up for the future
Enhance resilience in your diminishing workforce by pooling resources and providing flexible working whilst maximising and upskilling your multidisciplinary team.Download the eHub summary
- Create attractive working environments for your team, offering hours and locations to attract and retain top talent.
- Improve job satisfaction and retention of your highly skilled and sought-after workforce.
- Future proof your workforce by upskilling your team and creating digital consultation specialists
- Support collaborative working across the MDT
- Access your eConsults from anywhere, giving staff the ability to work where and how they want.
Find out how to set up an eHub
Experts at supporting federated models to manage demand at scale, maximising your team's skillsSpeak to our team
Take a look at the evidence
We are live with 10 eHubs. Take a look at some of the published evidence and data around eHubs:
- British Journey of General Practice: eHub: Enhancing the emergence of the electronic consultation
- NHS Digital: eHub Brent online consultation case study
- Building Better Healthcare: Embracing technology for hybrid working in GP surgeries
- South East London CCG: eHub Evaluation
- Hear from Ross on The Ockham Healthcare podcast