Award winning Clinical Governance
eTriage’s red flagging system detects patients who report serious symptoms or a medical emergency, so that your clinicians are always alerted to those needing urgent care. Patients are triaged in line with the Manchester Triage System.
Our Clinical Governance Board comprises of consultant or equivalent seniority NHS GPs, clinicians and specialists from emergency departments, including paramedics, intensive care, trauma, surgery, HEMS, paediatrics, and prescribing pharmacists. The Board meets regularly to undertake content reviews and ensure that eConsult always adheres to the latest guidance and the highest safety standards.
Our Clinical Governance Lead and Information Governance Lead meet monthly to maintain our hazard logs and safety case, and identify any new potential risks or Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) requirements.
We have followed the MHRA guidance on medical devices and have appointed a Medical Safety Officer, and applied the standards defined in DCB0129/DCB0160 and will continue to do so.
Your data and your patients’ data is secure at all times
- We encrypt patient details for their entire journey to your clinical system
- We do not store any patient-identifiable medical information
- Built on top of a secure framework, our platform has protection against typical website attacks (like XSS, SQL and HTML injections)
- We undertake regular pen tests with independent, external providers. We score very highly on all tests
- CISSP-certified architect configured infrastructure
- All interactions with the platform are via a secure connection, using up-to-date encryption techniques (TLS v1.2, strong key exchange and strong cypher)
We’re always fully compliant
- We use consent as our lawful basis for processing patient data
- We have written our privacy notice in plain English, and made clear the
legal rights of the patient
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, as per our responsibilities for
handling sensitive data
- We are DSP Toolkit compliant (for all mandatory sections and all optional sections)
- We comply with the National Data Guardian recommendations
- Our platform is hosted in a Tier 3, ISO 27001 Data Centre, behind HSCN