eTriage is a digital triage solution for any NHS Urgent and Emergency Department, getting the patient to the right care quickly and safely.
Before eTriage, patients would check-in to the department with a receptionist. They would sit down and wait, have their history taken by a triage nurse and then wait again before being assessed. Now, history take and check-in is carried out by patients on arrival, thanks to a bank of tablets with the clinically developed eTriage software.
As the available number of tablets is matched to your hospital’s peak demand, patients should have no wait to check-in. Receptionists and front desk staff can help patients complete their eTriage check-in if there are any problems.
How eTriage works in your hospital
The patient completes an eTriage in the waiting room
- An Emergency Department patient arrives and enters their demographics and history into the eTriage tablets.
- The patient’s details are automatically cross-checked with the Mini-spine and their NHS number. Over 90% of patients are matched.
- Patient’s are asked simple, easy to read questions that react in real-time to take an accurate and safe clinical history.
The patient’s symptoms are automatically triaged
- The clinical history provided by the patient is auto-triaged into your EPR system, with full interoperability.
- eTriage will auto-triages patients aligning to the Manchester Triage System so that it is easy to know which patients should be treated first.
- If a patient flags as a medical emergency your staff are alerted immediately to take action.