Award winning Clinical Governance
eConsult always alerts patients who report a serious symptom or a medical emergency. Our red flag system immediately directs patients to seek the most appropriate care.
Our Clinical Governance board comprises of NHS GPs, clinicians and specialists. The board meets regularly to undertake content reviews and ensure that eConsult always adheres to the latest guidance and the highest safety standards.
Our Clinical Governance Lead and Information Governance Lead meet monthly to maintain our hazard logs and safety case, and identify any new potential risks or Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) requirements.
Following the MHRA guidance on medical devices, we have appointed a Medical Safety Officer, and applied the standards defined in DCB0129/DCB0160 and will continue to do so.
We are proud winners and finalists of several Patient Safety Awards.
Data is kept secure at all times
- We encrypt patient details for their entire journey into your practice
- We do not store any patient-identifiable medical information
- Built on top of a secure framework, our platform has protection against typical website attacks (e.g. XSS, SQL and HTML injections)
- We score highly on regular pen tests with independent, external providers
- CISSP-certified architect configured infrastructure
- All interactions with the website are via a secure connection, using up-to-date encryption techniques (TLS v1.2, strong key exchange and strong cypher)
We’re always fully compliant
- We use consent as our lawful basis for processing patient data
- We have written our privacy notice in plain English, and made clear the legal rights of the patient
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, in line with our responsibilities for handling sensitive data
- We are level 2 IG Toolkit compliant, and have committed to achieving the highest score on the new DSP Toolkit
- We comply with the National Data Guardian recommendations
- Our platform is hosted in a Tier 3, ISO 27001 Data Centre, behind N3, and we are in the process of transitioning to HSCN
- We are ITK compliant and certified to send data to the GPSoC providers over MESH