Senior PR Executive role
Senior PR Executive:
London E14, Permanent Salary: £28,000 – £33,000 (depending on experience)
Hours: Full-time role, 40 hours per week
Senior PR Executive – The Role:
eConsult are looking for a self-motivated, organised and innovative Senior PR Executive to join our Marketing Team. This team is responsible for all eConsult marketing activity, including digital and social media, communications, content development, thought leadership and public relations, both local and national.
The ideal candidate will have a solid track record in public relations with evidence of building and managing strong beneficial relationships between organisations and the media. They will have exceptional organisational and communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail. They will be experienced working across both local and national media and within different channels. They will have experience of initiating and implementing successful PR plans.
What’s on offer?
An exciting opportunity for an experienced PR professional looking to make a difference in a high-growth health technology business. eConsult is a brilliant environment to gain valuable experience and knowledge within a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. The successful candidate should have the desire to grow and progress within the company and the commitment to make this a reality.
The post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in a fast-moving environment to provide the contacts and expertise to develop and deliver a high quality, strong and wide-reaching PR presence across different media channels. The PR Specialist will help contribute to ensuring the company’s voice is loud and clear, and heard by the right audiences up and down the country.
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (Pro-Rata)
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance scheme
Roles and responsibilities:
Key working relationships
- Including but not limited to:
- Strategy and Brand Director
- Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- External PR companies
- Commercial Executive
- Support multiple projects, demonstrating the skills and capability to drive public awareness of eConsult, eTriage and eSpecialist in key markets
- Formulate PR plans and strategies (both B2B and B2C)
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players and develop strategic media partnerships.
- Enhance the company’s voice and presence through press channels
- Write press releases, speeches and other PR copy
- Present solutions in times of PR crisis
- Help, plan and supervise internal and external events, fairs, conferences, e.g. press and internal conferences, media preview events, local business events and industry conferences to offer networking and marketing opportunities
- Required to maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Engage with colleagues across the organisation, scheduling and running meetings, using initiative when responding to queries
- Participate in data analysis and contribute to reporting
- Work with members of the team and key stakeholders to investigate the causes of any variance from plan/delivery targets and contribute to the implementation of solutions
- Research partners locally, nationally and online that can expose the company to the intended audience and give it more credibility in the industry
- Lead survey initiatives and analyse user and patient opinion
- Track media campaigns and support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team
- Support the implementation of promotional plans, where relevant, for press
- Update, maintain, organise, gather and analyse information to best use in press releases
- Provide coordination of, and participate in, relevant meetings, providing information advice and support where requested
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy
- Maintain administrative and information resources
- Contribute to effective information management and sharing of best practice within the Marketing team
- Test and review new PR concepts, models, practices,
- Contribute to ensuring there are processes in place for spreading and sharing learning and outcomes, both internally and externally.
Planning and Organisation:
- Deliver against objectives, achieving quality outcomes, prioritising own workload and working to tight deadlines
- Propose changes to own project, service, and initiative work, informing policy and making recommendations for more effective delivery.
These duties and responsibilities may be changed in accordance with the needs of the business. This is not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to ensure the successful delivery of the business. Job descriptions may be reviewed and amended on a regular basis in order to meet the demands of the business.
Experience/ qualifications and skills required:
- 2+ years proven experience as PR Executive or equivalent position
- Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Experience of building relationships with journalists and pitching/selling-in PR stories
- Working knowledge of MS Office; experience with multimedia (podcast, photo and video-editing software would be beneficial)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Proficiency in English
- A creative yet practical mind
- Ability to travel across UK
- Experience and knowledge of the NHS
Three Stage interview process:
- Initial Telephone interview with the Strategy and Brand Director
- Site visit with a member of the Marketing Team (COVID-19 dependent)
- Face-to-face (or video) final stage interview with Strategy Director and Marketing Manager
Please note, if we believe there will be other opportunities for you in the future, our recruitment team will retain your CV. Please let our recruitment team know if you wish to have your details removed from our database. Please see our Privacy Notice for further details.